Welcome to "Adventures in Lead", a blog dedicated to the hobby of miniature wargaming. The figures and terrain on this site are mainly for a campaign set in exotic "Indostan", a distant land bearing remarkable similarities to 18th century India during the Seven Years War. Bits and pieces from other projects may pop up here as well from time to time, including colonials, gladiators, pirates, dinosaur-hunting and even some RPG'ing.
The actual campaign journal and after action reports for the Indostan campaign can be found on their own blog - "Indostan: The Jewel in the Crown", the link to which is found by clicking the small image below-left.
If you do find anything remotely interesting on this blog please leave a comment, it's what keeps these sites going and their authors motivated - Thanks for looking.

Sunday, April 10, 2022

Blood on the Sands Introduction Youtube Video

I've been meaning to make a Youtube video for a while now to help those who are undertaking play testing of Blood on the Sands to get started. Well I thought I better give an introduction of the game before I launch into a more detailed explanation of rules mechanics. Anyway, if you fancy a chuckle at someone attempting to pronounce Latin terms when they can barely speak English - the Blood on the Sands "movie" should be right up your alley! I'd love to hear what anyone who manages to sit through this thinks.


5 comments:

  1. Well, I've watched the video and at least you got across the bare bones of the game - Steven Speilberg is safe in his position.
    The thing that caught my eye was your custom dice for the game. I have some with roman numerals, but your custom dice are obviously much better. Are they available anywhere ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thanks Joe - yes never promised it would be Oscar material. I assume you are talking about the custom dice in the image I showed and not in Tabletop Simulator. The dice I used were from http://indentedblankdice.com/ and I simply printed the symbols onto paper, applied contact to them and glued them to the dice faces. I still have them and they work really well. Unfortunately the symbols have changed so I will need new ones.

      Delete
    2. I was convinced they were custom dice from a manufacturer as they look so good.
      I have a shed-load of blank dice so I'll be giving this a go.

      Delete
  2. A useful watch Furt very clear.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stuart for taking the time - appreciated mate.

      Delete