Welcome to "Adventures in Lead", a blog dedicated to the hobby of miniature wargaming. The figures and terrain on this site are mainly for a campaign set in exotic "Indostan", a distant land bearing remarkable similarities to 18th century India during the Seven Years War. Bits and pieces from other projects may pop up here as well from time to time, including colonials, gladiators, pirates, dinosaur-hunting and even some RPG'ing.
The actual campaign journal and after action reports for the Indostan campaign can be found on their own blog - "Indostan: The Jewel in the Crown", the link to which is found by clicking the small image below-left.
If you do find anything remotely interesting on this blog please leave a comment, it's what keeps these sites going and their authors motivated - Thanks for looking.

Sunday, April 16, 2023

Gangs of Rome - Pottery Shop

In anticipation of running Gangs of Rome at MOAB this year I've completed my first building as a sort of prototype of the style I hope to achieve for the whole table. I intend on making as busy a table as I can manage with lots of buildings and scatter. I did quite a bit of procrastinating and research as I am want to do before undertaking any build and watching HBO's Rome was a great source of inspiration (and very entertaining).

This kit is Sarissa's Semi Detached Small Mixed Shop/Domus and represents a home with attached shop (or taberna), which in this case is a pottery shop. I have decided to try and make each shop a unique business if I can. Here my 3D printer comes in very handy, allowing me to make all the little details that sell the building being a real lived/worked in place.





 
Re-watching HBO's Rome is a great source of inspiration.


6 comments:

  1. Superb - just needs a little "Rome"-style graffiti?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeremy - I actually scrawled a bit on the side but didn't think it looked any good. I agree it probably could do with some.

      Delete
  2. Excellent building and wonderful internal detailing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe - the magic of 3D printing at work.

      Delete