Welcome to "Adventures in Lead", a blog dedicated to the hobby of miniature wargaming. The figures and terrain on this site are mainly for a campaign set in exotic "Indostan", a distant land bearing remarkable similarities to 18th century India during the Seven Years War. Bits and pieces from other projects may pop up here as well from time to time, including colonials, gladiators, pirates, dinosaur-hunting and even some RPG'ing.
The actual campaign journal and after action reports for the Indostan campaign can be found on their own blog - "Indostan: The Jewel in the Crown", the link to which is found by clicking the small image below-left.
If you do find anything remotely interesting on this blog please leave a comment, it's what keeps these sites going and their authors motivated - Thanks for looking.

Monday, August 14, 2017

Blood & Plunder: Spanish Warehouse

I have finished my first purpose built structure for Blood & Plunder, a Spanish style warehouse. The building features a removable roof and doors. The pan tile roof is made from a non-slip mat, which I will do a tutorial on shortly.







EDIT: Someone suggested I put shutters on the warehouse, which I had always intended to do, but actually forgot and got carried away painting. I have now added some shutters from Warbases. which I think improves the aesthetics a lot.



12 comments:

  1. Nice building; a nice addition to your 'port' scenics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive ! Congratulations !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work.! This will really add to whatever scenario you design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking building, very useful fo rm ore than just a pirate setting too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent work! It looks good and playable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fine stuff squire. When do you reckon you'll be putting it to use?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the comments :)
    @Conrad Kinch - I am putting on some demo games for Blood & Plunder in October but need to do some test games myself soon - so soon I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful building, no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did you texture and paint the walls?

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Jimmy Figiel - the walls are textured with a gloop mix of watered down pva + sand + talc powder. Don't ask me measurements, I just kept adding talc to the pva/water until I got the consistency I wanted and then added some sand for texture.
    The walls were painted by wet blending a light muddy brown, up to white.
    Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete